- Plan, organize, lead and direct an NCAA Division III women’s basketball program.
- Organize and conduct practices to teach sport fundamentals and skills, game strategies, performance principles, and proper use of sports and training equipment.
- Provide instruction in physical conditioning programs that will enable student athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Implement and conduct a comprehensive plan on game days.
- Develop and administer a complete recruiting plan that will exhibit progression in talent of student athletes.
- Serve as an educational practitioner promoting lifetime wellness among student-athletes with focus on the student-athlete as a whole person and encourage the development of psychological, social, mental, and learning skills necessary for student athletes to be successful in the classroom and in the playing environment.
- Demonstrate and model sportsmanship and ethical conduct consistent with the mission of Eureka College, the Conference, and the NCAA.
- Maintain a working knowledge of NCAA rules and complete mandatory annual testing.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, care for, and inventory equipment and facility.
- Make recommendations to the Athletic Director for program improvement based on sport evaluation and exit interviews with student-athletes.
- Oversee and maintain accurate statistics for team sport working in conjunction with the Sports Information Director.
- Maintain effective working relationships within the athletic department team and the College as a whole in order to contribute to the overall success of all sport programs.
- Monitor expenses and adhere to fiscal budget parameters.
- Oversee the academic progress of student-athletes on the team.
Manage and supervise assistant coaches, team managers and student workers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university; or High School diploma/GED with related professional playing experience
Desirable: Master’s Degree.
3-5 years active game situation coaching in basketball at the high school or college level; or multiple years of professional level playing or coaching experience.
Desirable: 5-7 years of basketball coaching experience, 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience; previous experience coaching and recruiting Division III athletes.
Valid driver’s license. CPR, AED, and First Aid certification and any other certification required by applicable sport.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of women’s basketball, rules and regulations, including NCAA and SLIAC (as applicable to women’s basketball), realizing that violation of NCAA rules could lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of coaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver knowledge to and instruct student-athletes in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of safety and first aid techniques.
- Skill in identifying problems, evaluating alternatives and implementing effective solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work is routinely performed indoors, in office environments and in gyms, and other recreational environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Off campus travel is required.
Varies, typical office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM with one hour allocated for lunch although weekend and evening hours are necessary depending on scheduled events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, cover letter and references to Employment@eureka.edu with “Women’s Basketball Coach” in the subject line.