- Players line up as in the picture on the left. Bigs on Baseline. Guards on sideline. The cone represents a coach.
- Coach can pass to wing or wing can spin ball to self
- Wing takes a quick, hard dribble towards the corner to improve passing angle. As this is happening big flashes to block.
- Guard feeds post – you can add any specifics you want here.(i.e. fake high, pass low)
- After feeding the post, guard relocates to an opening. Coach at top of key passes to the guard who takes a shot.
- Both big and guard get their own rebound and bring the ball back to the coach. Might require a couple coaches or someone to catch passes so the coach doesn’t get his face busted with an errant pass.
We often use the next person in line as a defender on the wing to make post pass more difficult. We also do at both ends of the floor to speed things up.
Here’s an animation for clarification – Post Passing Drill