Basketball players are made in the off-season. You will never become an all-star only doing the stuff your coach demands of you. To become great you have to go above and beyond what the competition is doing. To that thought, here is a list of basketball drills for shooting and some basketball drills for dribbling that players can do by themselves to develop their basketball skills when they are away from their coach. We have compiled some of the best drills on Hoop Coach that were create by some really good basketball players and coaches. Being the best at what you do takes going above and beyond.
Put down the video game remote and try some of these basketball drills!
- Star Shooting – fun basketball drill for shooting. I use to do this as a player all the time when I would sneak into your high school gym.
- Form Shooting – good shoot drill for all ages.
- Rajon Rondo Dribbling Drills
- Two Ball Dribbling Drills – always a favorite basketball drill for dribbling. Add it your workouts and as part of your warm-up.
- Tennis Ball Dribbling Drills – another really good basketball drill for dribbling
- 50 Point Shooting – beat the pro
- Peer Pressure Partner Shooting (requires a partner but the second player and competition makes it a very good basketball drill for shooting under pressure)
Full Basketball Skills Workout Videos
- Weak Hand Development – helps players pass and shoot with both hands
- Phil Martelli Individual Skills – longtime St. Bonaventure Coach and current Associate Head Coach at the University of Michigan
- Handling Pressure Defense – good video for point guards or any players that bring the ball up against pressure defenses.
- Lebron James Scoring Drills – PDF with a Lebron James workout
- FIBA Workout – the Euro game is predicated on highly skilled players. Great video with plenty of basketball skills drills.