Simple basketball charge drill that sets up players to practice taking charges. I often used this charge drill to reinforce with my players that no one dies from taking charges. It’s a good way to warm them up to the idea of taking some contact.
- Players form two lines. One under the basket, one on the wing with a ball
- First player in the baseline line steps to the middle of the paint and chops their feet.
- First player in the wing line gets in triple threat position
- On the coaches call the player with the ball races to the block
- The defensive player in the paint sprints to the block to take a charge.
Take a look at the animation here