- Players line up like the image on the left.
- 5 passes to 6 then sprints at 2 to close out
- 6 passes to 1 then sprints at 3 to close out
- 1 passes to 2 then sprints at 4 to close out
- As the ball moves on the perimeter defenders get to their proper help positions.
- When the ball gets to 4 the drill is now “live” and the offense tries to score
Some Coaches will add another player to the perimeter and use them as a ball screener on the 2 to work on defending wing ball screens. This drill has a lot of flexibility and you can adapt it to meet your needs. Check out the animation for clarification.